Writing an imaginative story is not a linear process, with the best and most unique and engaging ideas frequently originating from hidden creative depths. This workshop teaches students a variety of techniques to access their own imaginative depths, through a series of specific portals into story ideas. Especially useful for NAPLAN preparation!
- How the imagination works
- Stream-of-consciousness writing for warming up
- How to get ideas through a variety of stimuli including: objects, the senses, and random words and images
- Writing and representing
- Thinking imaginatively, creatively and interpretatively
- Expressing themselves
- Create literary texts that explores students’ own experiences and imaginings
- Create literary texts using realistic and fantasy settings
- Create literary texts by using storylines, characters and settings
StoryBoard is a FREE presentation/workshop experience for all Northern Rivers schools (maximum three hours). We ask the schools to provide morning tea for the author and volunteer tutor.
Time & Date
StoryBoard workshops are scheduled to fit within your school’s timetable.
Our visits are generally scheduled between 9am – 12.30pm, with lunch between 11 – 11.30am.
Our schedule though is flexible, and we will work with you to find the best fit.
Our online booking enquiry form asks you for your bell times so we can create a suggested schedule for you.Book a Workshop
Or browse authors