Suspense, thrill, tension. Students learn how to craft scary stories that excite readers. Hakea ties the activities to Tracks of the Missing (Magabala 2022) and uses that to inspire students to create sizzling stories of their own.
- Planning for success – inspiration, brainstorm techniques, overcoming writer’s block and using the narrative arc
- Sizzling starts to hook readers
- Tightening tension- sentence length, onomatopoeia, chapter cliff-hangers
- Show, don’t tell
- Working towards an exciting ending
- Writing and representing
- Thinking imaginatively, creatively and interpretatively
StoryBoard is a FREE presentation/workshop experience for all Northern Rivers schools (maximum three hours). We ask the schools to provide morning tea for the author and volunteer tutor.
Time & Date
StoryBoard workshops are scheduled to fit within your school’s timetable.
Our visits are generally scheduled between 9am – 12.30pm, with lunch between 11 – 11.30am.
Our schedule though is flexible, and we will work with you to find the best fit.
Our online booking enquiry form asks you for your bell times so we can create a suggested schedule for you.Book a Workshop
Or browse authors