‘But I don’t know what to write…’ Ever heard that one before? In this fun, engaging, highly imaginative (and frequently surprising) creative writing workshop, students are taken through a process, invented by Melaina one dark and stormy night… Actually, it was a moment of playfulness that led to the invention of a writing technique which has since delighted kids and adults across Australia. Both highly enjoyable and strangely effortless, the outcome of this workshop is the beginnings, bones, inspiration, and discovery of images and stories your students might never have believed themselves capable of.
- How to generate an idea from ‘nothing’
- How to discover and develop story through internal perception & external experiences
- How character motivations can create plot and vice versa
- How to use the senses to deepen and enrich story
- How possessions, surroundings, and memory can create and deepen story
- Writing and representing
- Thinking imaginatively, creatively and interpretatively
- Expressing themselves
- Create literary texts that explores students’ own experiences and imaginings
- Create literary texts using realistic and fantasy settings
- Create literary texts by using storylines, characters and settings
StoryBoard is a FREE presentation/workshop experience for all Northern Rivers schools (maximum three hours). We ask the schools to provide morning tea for the author and volunteer tutor.
Time & Date
StoryBoard workshops are scheduled to fit within your school’s timetable.
Our visits are generally scheduled between 9am – 12.30pm, with lunch between 11 – 11.30am.
Our schedule though is flexible, and we will work with you to find the best fit.
Our online booking enquiry form asks you for your bell times so we can create a suggested schedule for you.Register your interest
Or browse authors