This workshop takes a unique approach to discovering a character through a process of segueing back and forth between their character’s inner world of perception and outer sensory experiences. Students will literally write on a drawing they create.
- Discovering an original character vs inserting stereotypes into a story
- Using aspects of their character’s body to reveal and record their experiences
- Distinguishing between the character’s exterior sensory world and perceptions of it
- Learning how to use their character’s inner and outer world to create a story plot
- Writing and representing
- Thinking imaginatively, creatively and interpretatively
- Expressing themselves
- Create literary texts that explores students’ own experiences and imaginings
- Create literary texts using realistic and fantasy settings
- Create literary texts by using storylines, characters and settings
StoryBoard is a FREE presentation/workshop experience for all Northern Rivers schools (maximum three hours). We ask the schools to provide morning tea for the author and volunteer tutor.
Time & Date
StoryBoard workshops are scheduled to fit within your school’s timetable.
Our visits are generally scheduled between 9am – 12.30pm, with lunch between 11 – 11.30am.
Our schedule though is flexible, and we will work with you to find the best fit.
Our online booking enquiry form asks you for your bell times so we can create a suggested schedule for you.Book a Workshop
Or browse authors